A study says that most of the stress that people experience comes from workplace and job. Stressed employees are more likely to smoke, eat poorly, drink, have relationship issues, and have poor and unhealthy lifestyle; which in turn decreases their productivity. This may also cost a lot to employers in terms of money and resources viz., absenteeism, increased medical expenses and workers compensation claims.
Here are some ways to manage employee’s stress at work
- Create and honor leadership structure and roles.
- Give assignments to employees that can challenge their abilities without overwhelming them
- Provide resources and supplies that are needed to perform the assigned task
- Share the company’s vision and accept their opinions
- Set realistic targets
- Give them refreshing breaks during the day
- Host and organize activities to have better employee engagement
As a leader, it is important to ensure your employees that you are aware of their stress and will work with them to reduce it and maintain a healthy and happy working environment.
These are some simple thing you can do to manage your employee’s stress at workplace. It will not only improve their health but will also inculcate loyalty in your team members who will enjoy coming to work each day.